Multicolored Indian Jewelry
Multicolored Indian Jewelry is a must in any woman’s wardrobe. That pop of color and that statement piece gives your outfit an edge that is sure to leave an amazing first impression. Jewelry is something very important to the whole look of your outfit.
- The craft of cutting and polishing precious and semi-precious stones and giving them glamorous face is something artistic. Indian royals introduced the concept of precious stones and metals which later was the catalyst in the evolution of Jewelry-Making in India.
History of Indian Jewelry
- It is a Mughal-inspired art of setting precious stones like diamonds, rubies, and emeralds in gold and silver. In Meenakari, enameling is done to protect gold and floral pattern coloured in red, blue and green attracts the attention. Silver is not far behind in popularity, particularly because of its affordability, making it popular among low income group people. Jhumka, hansli, chokar, nath and bracelets made of silver are quite popular among women in India.
- In short, the range of jewelry in India is wide as well as varied. Be it gold, silver or diamond, you will find everything in the country. Jewelry has been used to denote status. In ancient Rome, only certain ranks could wear rings. Likewise, hip hop culture has popularised the slang term bling-bling.
- Every girl loves her stash of blingy baubles and our outfit is never complete without pretty, sparkly jewelry. But traditional Indian ornaments, right from chandbalis to kundan stones to jadau neck pieces, can be tricky to pair with western wear. When done right though, this mix of western styles and opulent ethnic accessories can look stunning.
- Pairing traditional jewelery with western wear is worth taking note of. Take a cue and add this nice pair of jhumkas to your party dresses, gowns and even off-shoulder tops.
- You could pair heavy earrings with minimalist gowns or a sexy LBD. Alternately, try wearing it with a cute crop top and skinny jeans overlay it with a jacket and voila!
- Furthermore you could pair these chunky earrings with a formal blazer and exhibit a whole new side of you!
- But above all, Don’t overdo it! if you go ahead and pair all your statement pieces together, they wont make a statement, more like a speech (pun intended).
- Check out some more statement pieces here.